Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Our Staff

Some of you are wondering who will be leading our Magical Minds Studio classes So for inquiring minds, I am happy to present....

Elizabeth Fotopoulos - Lead Facilitator:
Elizabeth received her degree in Art Education and Art History from Purdue University in Indiana. Prior to that she attended College of DuPage where she studied Science. She has worked with Purdue’s Gifted Education program as a summer counsel and teachers assistant.

Currently Elizabeth is a part-time drawing instructor for Young Rembrandt’s here in Illinois which she enjoys deeply!

“Being raised by a mother who draws and paints, a father who is a skilled carpenter and a grandmother who attended the School of the Art Institute as a young woman, one can say I never went a day without some sort of art being involved in my life. When I'm not teaching I can be found working on my marbling, woodcuts, or paintings and sometimes even a little knitting!”

During my student teaching at Purdue I found my love for teaching young children therefore I am excited to be apart of the Magical Minds team!

Lauren Anderson - Art Facilitator:
A native of Chesapeake, Virginia Lauren ventured to Chicago to attend the School of the Art Institute, where she received her BFA, specializing in Print Media.

The following summer she was a fellow at Ox-Bow Summer School of Art in Saugatuck, Michigan. After her time in Michigan Lauren returned to the Chicago and decided to make the Windy City her home. Currently she creates prints and objects, displaying her work at events in and around Chicago.

Lauren’s passion for working with children comes from her love of art and introducing new and different techniques to young minds.

Hsuan-Hsiu Hung - Art Facilitator:
Hsuan-Hsiu journeyed to the United States from Taiwan. She attended the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and received her BFA specializing in painting, ceramics, sculpture and drawing. Recently she has moved to Oak Park so she can be closer to her work at Magical Minds Studio.

Hsuan-Hsiu has instructed young students on various artistic mediums including art books. In addition to working with children, she has experience working with developmentally disabled adults in a community art program where she served as an artist mentor.

“I love working in the creative environment! I think children are inspirational. And to be in a role where I help them grow through art-making is just wonderful. I have a lot of experience teaching and working with people in the art field. I am very passionate and patient in teaching; it has brought so much joy to me as well. I appreciate a place like Magical Minds Studio for providing children the opportunity to explore and I believe I have much to give to your community.”

1 comment:

CASE STUDY said...

You're cool. Great photo. Very cute.